We are very proud of our school and hope that you will find this website gives you a flavour of life at St Nic's as well as useful information about the school for parents and visitors.
St. Nicolas C.E. (Aided) Junior School supports, challenges and encourages each person to achieve their full potential, in a safe, caring and Christian environment, where everyone is valued and respected.
“Love your neighbour as you love yourself.” Matthew 22:39
We aim to do this through:
- Nurturing success through high expectations and a high level of challenge for all.
- Providing high quality teaching through a broad, balanced, internationally focused curriculum, which promotes lifelong learning.
- Creating confident, independent and self motivated learners.
- Encouraging positive self esteem, respect for others and self-discipline.
- Fostering a sense of enjoyment of learning and stimulating a curiosity and respect for the world around us.
- Involving parents in their children’s learning
- Promoting and supporting emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Creating an inclusive learning community, where diversity is celebrated.
- Taking an active role in the local and wider communities and sharing in the Christian community of St Nicolas parish.
- Providing opportunities in Collective Worship, R.E. and the whole school curriculum for children’s spirituality to grow.